Elite Aero Ireland Limited trading as Six West, respects your privacy and is committed to protecting the personal information that you share with us. Generally, you can browse through our website without giving us any information about yourself. When we do need your personal information to provide services that you request or when you choose to provide us with your personal information, this policy describes how we collect and use your personal information. Six West is subject to the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 and applicable EU legislation (“the Regulations“). The following statement outlines how Six West manages personal data that it holds about individuals in accordance with the Regulations.
Personal data is any data which relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Personal data includes sensitive personal data such as criminal background checks, medical history or condition, address and phone number, your work experience and qualifications, psychometric assessment results and other data obtained by Six West in connection with your possible work placements. Six West will only collect, use or disclose sensitive personal data about you in accordance with the Regulations. In general, Six West will only collect, use or disclose sensitive personal data where it has received your explicit consent.
Who will be collecting your data?
Six West is a specialist professional aviation recruitment consultancy placing candidates on a permanent, contract and interim basis for various roles across the aviation industry as well as providing other aviation related support services. By submitting your personal data via our website you are agreeing to the terms of this Privacy Statement. Six West may also collect your personal data on behalf of other relevant members of the Six West Group in connection with the provision of recruitment and/or related intermediary services to or for you.
Six West generally collects personal data directly from you. For example, it collects personal data when you:
- Deal with Six West in person, by telephone, letter, fax, email or via our website;
- Supply a CV or application form and other professional records related to your vocation;
- Subscribe to job alerts emails;
- Submit any other information in connection with your application for any current or future position(s).
Personal data about you may also be collected from third parties that Six West contacts for verification or vetting purposes. Six West will normally require you to provide consent to enable us to obtain personal data from third parties. However, if Six West does not have your prior consent, it will take reasonable steps to inform you as soon as possible that it has collected personal data from a third party and ensure you are aware of the purposes for which Six West has collected your personal data.
How Six West may use and disclose your personal data
Your personal data will be collected by Six West to provide you with recruitment and/or related intermediary services. The following outlines how Six West may use and disclose your personal data:
- To provide recruitment and/or related intermediary services to or for you and to facilitate the recruitment process;
- To match your details against job vacancies which Six West considers may be appropriate for you;
- To apply for jobs on your behalf by sending your personal data to clients. Note that Six West will not put you forward for any positions without your prior consent;
- To allow you to apply for specific jobs or to subscribe to Six West’s job alerts so that Six West can notify you when relevant job vacancies arise;
- To answer your enquiries;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- For other purposes for which you have engaged with Six West.
Six West may also disclose your personal data to third parties if they have a proper interest in the disclosure, such as:
- Relevant members of the Six West Group or its subsidiaries;
- Prospective employers or engagers subject to your agreement;
- Third parties who perform functions on Six West’s behalf and who also provide services to Six West.
If Six West engages a third party contractor to perform services which involve handling or processing personal data, it takes reasonable steps to prohibit them from using personal data except for the purposes for which it was supplied or for processing it other than in accordance with Six West’s instructions.
If Six West enters into a joint venture with, is sold to or merged with another business entity, your personal data may be disclosed to Six West’s new, or potential, business partners or owners. By providing Six West with your personal data, you consent to Six West disclosing your personal data to its new, or potential, business partners or owners if one of these situations arises. Unless required or permitted to do so by law, Six West will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of your personal data without your consent.
Transfer of your personal data outside of the EEA
The personal data Six West collects from you may be transferred to organisations inside or outside the EEA either by Six West and/or by any of the third parties to whom your personal data may be disclosed as listed in the section “How Six West may use and disclose your personal data”. Countries outside the EEA may apply lower levels of protection to the privacy of individuals than countries within the EEA. Such transfers outside the EEA will occur where they are necessary as part of the recruitment and/or related intermediary services Six West provides to or for you, for example where you apply for a vacancy or position outside the EEA, or where the transfer is authorised by law. By providing your personal data to Six West you agree that your personal data may be transferred outside of the EEA in such circumstances.
Security of your personal data
Six West has extensive security procedures in place to protect the personal data it holds from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. It should be noted that the nature of the internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you submit via the internet. No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed 100% secure. However we will take all reasonable steps, both technical and operational, to protect your personal data.
Six West will keep your personal data no longer than necessary. Six West will appropriately dispose of your personal data when it is no longer required or if you ask to be removed from our systems so that it is protected from unauthorised use or disclosure.
Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer or mobile device by the websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. This information is gathered anonymously – it does not enable us to identify who you are. Six West’s system may issue the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of Six West’s website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These allow Six West’s system to recognise and monitor website visitor behaviour in order to help improve your user experience.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to Six West’s website. This makes it easier for you to log on when you next visit the website and to customise and personalise the website content that you view.
- Targeting cookies. These records your visit to Six West’s website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. This information will be used to help tailor any advertising displayed to you as most relevant to your interests.
By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is sent or to reject all cookies. It is important to note that you will lose some functions of a website if you choose to restrict or disable its cookies.
You can request access to your personal data
You may request access to any personal data Six West holds about you in accordance with the Regulations.
Keeping your personal data up to date
Six West takes reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is accurate, complete and up to date. Six West may also contact you from time to time to check that the personal data is still correct. However, inform Six West of any changes to your details as soon as you reasonably can in order for Six West to maintain the accuracy of information held about you. If you believe that personal data Six West holds about you is not accurate, complete and up to date, Six West will take reasonable steps to correct it.
Changes to Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement may be altered or updated by Six West from time to time, in which case Six West will advise you of any such alterations or updates by notice on the Six West website.
How to contact us
If you wish to gain access to or correct your personal data or make a complaint about a breach of your privacy, contact Six West: [email protected] or 57 Fitzwilliam Square North, Dublin 2 Ireland.